Nitrokey FIDO2 FAQ#
- Q: Which Operating Systems are supported?
Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. Also some support (FIDO2) for Android.
- Q: What can I use the Nitrokey for?
See the frontpage for an overview of supported use cases.
- Q: What happens if I lose my FIDO device?
When securing accounts using FIDO (two-factor authentication and passwordless login), you should configure another factor in your account as a backup. Depending on the service this backup factor can be a phone number, an app or even a second Nitrokey FIDO2. If you lose a Nitrokey FIDO2, you can still log in with the second Nitrokey FIDO2 (or with another second factor).
- Q: How large is the storage capacity?
The Nitrokey FIDO2 doesn’t contain storage capability for ordinary data (it can only store cryptographic keys and certificates).
- Q: How to use Nitrokey FIDO2 with Azure Entra ID (Active Directory)?
After disabling Enforce Attestation Nitrokey FIDO2 is supported by Azure Entra ID out of the box.